Friday, August 26, 2011

Let's help the poor, and the working poor, today!

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Wash., D.C. 20500

Dear President Barack Obama,

Greetings on this glorious day that the Lord has made! I hope that you and the loved ones are in good health. Good health is such a blessing form the good Lord. How is your spirit on this glorious day? I am writing to you on this glorious day to ask for your help. I would like you to consider spending more time and effort to help the poor and the working poor (some of us non-wealthy individuals need help too!) in this country today! Poverty affects millions of people in this country day in and day out. Day in and day out people go to bed hungry, some don't have enough clothes to wear, and some are living out on the streets. As someone who has lived out on the streets I can testify that it's not the best place to live. As someone who has lived on less than three meals a day over an extended period of time I can testify that this also isn't pleasant. Over the past fourteen years I've had a condo. foreclosed on me, lived over an extended period of time on less than three meals a day (sometimes it was no meals, sometimes it was only bologna or bologna sandwiches), I also have been unemployed for a period of time, and also had to work many hours to pay off massive debts (some were from credit cards that charged more than fourteen percent interest rates). Through it all I can testify that the good Lord saw me through it all. I can testify that the good Lord was good to me - that He is good all the time, and that He watched out over me, and comforted me, and that He granted me much wisdom. I can testify that our loving, gracious, merciful Father loves us so much that He sent His Beloved Son into this world to die for us sinners, and that He arose from the dead, and ascended up into Heaven. I can testify that He is the Lamb of God, and that He shed His blood for us sinners. I can testify that Jesus is the Holy One of Israel. I can testify that Jesus is Lord!

Right now it seems that some (if not many) of us working poor are not getting pay raises that keep up with the cost of living. Some (if not most) of us working poor put little, if any, money aside for savings, let alone enough money to buy even a modest house. Please President Barack Obama put more effort and energy into helping the poor and the working poor in this country today! Thank you very much for all your help!

Hope that you and the loved ones have a joyous and peaceful day! May the good Lord bless you and the loved ones with love, joy, peace, patience, and much wisdom to help the poor and the working poor!

In hope, peace, and love,



Ken Miller
Main St. Rm. 103
still one of the working poor - if only in spirit!

We love, because He first loved us.

Jesus is the Holy One of Israel!

No comments:

Blog Archive